In this section are collected some documents that provide technical information that is not interesting to service users but only to other servers administrators. Specifically, it contains instructions for configuring a usenet feed between this server and another one and all instructions needed to manage the aioe.* usenet hierarchy that is controlled through this server.
The following pages are available:
- An introduction about free NNTP servers
- This page, which is twenty years old, provides some theoretical information about public news servers both about what they are and about why they exist. Many years ago, it was the manifest of this service.
- Peering data
- All the data needed to configure a usenet feed between this service and another server is shown in the summary table that is contained on this page. This page is completely useless for service users because exchanging a usenet feed with this server requires a prior agreement between administrators.
- How to setup a feed with aioe.org
- This is a detailed tutorial explaining how to configure INN2, an open source news server, to manage a usenet feed with this server. Those who need to establish a usenet feed with this news server must carefully follow the instructions on this page.
- aioe.* technical data
- All technical information that system administrators need to manage the aioe.* usenet hierarchy are on this page. Some information on this page may have become obsolete.
- Leafnode & aioe.org howto
- This page contains an old tutorial explaining how to use leafnode together with this news server. Since a small number of users still use leafnode and its development still goes on it is kept available.
- Access restrictions
- Site map
- A list of all pages hosted by this site.